Media Industry Clients
- The New York Times Co.
- New York Times Digital
- International Herald Tribune
- College Sports Television (CSTV)
- Online Publishers Association (OPA)
- Newspaper Association of America (NAA)
- The Associated Press
- Dow Jones & Co.
- New York Daily News
- Metro New York
- Woman’s Day magazine (formerly Hachette Filipacchi)
- Details magazine (Condé Nast)
- Ziff-Davis Publishing
- IDG Publishing
- Cablevision Systems
- HSN, Inc.
- The events marking the 100th anniversary of the Ochs-Sulzberger family ownership
- The colorization of The New York Times newspaper and opening of College Point plant
- Advising on how to use social media to drive incremental traffic to NYTimes.com
- Speaking ops for Times reporters/editors including tech editor Damon Darlin and the SF bureau, David Pogue, Andrew Ross Sorkin, Saul Hansell and Tara Parker Pope
- The launch of TimesSelect, an experiment in premium content delivery
- Support for various NYTimes.com editorial, e.g. Fashion Week, the Frugal Traveler Matt Gross, “On Par” with Bill Pennington, and Lynn Hirschberg’s T Style video vignettes.
- Worked with Vivian Schiller and her team to drive eyeballs to NYTimes.com.
- The launch of New York Today
- The elimination of the fee for international access to NYTimes.com
- The launch of the New York Times Scholarship Program
- Promotion of NYTimes.com’s ad-targeting capability enabled through site registration
- The installation of Michael Golden as publisher of the IHT a year after NYTCO’s purchase
Other Media Cases
- The New York Daily News – Served as public relations strategist and crisis counselor to Mortimer B. Zuckerman prior to, during and following his acquisition of the New York City tabloid.
- Newspaper Association of America – Conceived and promoted “Competitive Media Index” to gain audience parity with other forms of media.
- The Associated Press – Mounted year-long campaign marking The AP’s 150th anniversary.
- CSTV – Led communications program to launch first all-college sports cable network
- PaperG Inc., ad tech startup in local display dynamic content creation
- IndieGoGo, first and largest global crowdfunding platform
- bMobilized, web-to-mobile conversion technology
- CloudMagic, mobile email client (iOS and Android app)
- Syncapse (Clickable), data-driven social marketing software
- Fracture, digital image-on-glass “maker” company
- Umami TV, second screen auto-synchronous iPad app
- Nellymoser, mobile, interactive print media enabler
- AmieStreet, indy (DRM-free) music e-commerce site (sold to Amazon)
- Unigo, largest online student-generated content site for college applicants
- National World War II Memorial – Led the eight-year, award-winning PR campaign that led to the construction and dedication of the Memorial. (Pictured at right.)
- U.S. Commission on Presidential Debates – Served as senior communications strategist to the non-partisan commission that organized and hosted the 2000 U.S. Presidential Debates
- U.S. Treasury Dept. – Served as the senior media strategist for the respective introductions over three years of the newly-redesigned U.S. currency including the $100, $50 and $20 bills
Washington Convention & Tourism Corp. – Conceived and proposed the summer-long citywide Washington DC cultural celebration honoring the greatest generation.
- AIG – Developed message set, media-trained division president and organized top-tier media interviews during 2008-9 financial crisis
- “The September 11th Fund” United Way of NYC – Provide crisis counsel, communications training and program execution for this, the second largest charity created in the aftermath of September 11th.
- PGA of America – Helped the PGA navigate the onslaught of critical news media for PGA Championship held at a restricted country club in Alabama (Shoal Creek CC).
- Dale Earnhardt Inc. – Represented Teresa Earnhardt in PR battle to protect her family’s privacy in wake of her husband’s death at the Daytona 500
- Hong Kong Tourism Board – Worked with HKTB to reinstill traveler confidence during and in the aftermath of the SARS epidemic
- DecisionQuest – Worked with the jury consultant advising the L.A. District Attorney’s Office during the criminal prosecution of O.J. Simpson.
- Nissan Motor Co. – Organized and advised CEO Carlos Ghosn for U.S. television appearances
- Starbucks – Helped secure by-lined story in The New York Times tied to company’s annual earnings
- Eastman Kodak Company – Managed global media campaign to launch the Advanced Photo System (APS).
- Citibank – Handled news conference to announce Sir Elton John’s agreement to appear in company ads
- Mattel – Counseled then new CEO Bob Eckert in his first year on the job
- HotJobs.com – Served as agency-of-record, including IPO and three Super Bowl ad campaigns.
- Washington Mutual – Announced end of ATM surcharge; Opening of mortgage center in Harlem
- Intel Corp. – Organized national consumer magazine interviews for CEO Andy Grove (CondÃ© Nast, Hearst)
- Mazda Motor (MMC) Corp – Opened first Detroit-area auto manufacturing facility for Japanese automaker
- Morgan Stanley – Orchestrated news conference for then co-CEOs John Mack and Phil Purcell to intro i-Direct
- Pepsi-Cola Co. – CEO Roger Enrico’s book “The Other Guy Blinked”
- Pepsi-Cola USA – Launched Pepsi sponsorship of Michael Jackson, others; Super Bowl ad campaigns
- P&G – Spic n Span’s 60th anniversary diamond promotion; Coast-to-Coast Shower Sing-off
- Mesa Petroleum – Advised T. Boone Pickens in his attempts to acquire Gulf Oil
- BP – Helped BP and its CEO communicate its break with the industry on the issue of global climate change
- Shell Oil – Media-trained CEO and head of Shell Refining to announce new environmentally enhanced fuel
- Unilever – Wrote two keynote speeches on company’s Internet strategy for North American CEO
- Kraft – Helped conceive media strategy for company to announce labeling and limits on kids’ advertising
- ConAgra – Launched Healthy Choice product line
- Beecham Laboratories – Led U.S. media relations team to introduce antibiotic Augmentin
- Schering-Plough – Led PR strategy for taking Gyna-lotrimin from Rx to OTC
- Equal brand – Media relations for Equal brand’s lawsuit against Splenda
World Business Forum – Led all public relations activities for premier gathering in NYC of business, government and academic leaders.
- Morgan Stanley – Orchestrated news conference for co-CEOs John Mack and Phil Purcell
- CEOs of public companies – Carlos Ghosn (Nissan), T. Boone Pickens (Mesa), Roger Enrico (Pepsi), Bob Eckert (Mattel), John Mack (Morgan Stanley), Andy Grove (Intel), Jeff Kindler (Pfizer), Charles Williamson (AIG), othersâ€¦
- Coca-Cola – Supported company’s Olympics marketing campaign, e.g., Torch Run, Pin Trading
- NHL – PR for league and All-Star game in New York City
- Super Bowl Halftime Show – Promoted Up with People performance
- Reebok – Olympics sponsorship; Shaquille O’Neal as spokesperson, The Pump, etc.
- Assn of Tennis Professionals – Media-trained world’s top tennis pros including Pete Sampras.
- Marlboro Grand Prix Racing – Supported Indy Car circuit with PR for drivers, owners, etc.
- NBC Olympics – Fundraiser featuring comedian Jerry Seinfeld aboard cruise ship Monarch of the Seas
America’s Cup – Represented America’s Cup skipper Dennis Conner in his defense of the coveted trophy (for Pepsi).
- PGA of America – National Golf Day; various initiatives
- Golden Bear International – Worked with Jack Nicklaus during the privatization of his company
- Philadelphia Eagles – Advised Jeff Lurie’s operations man Joe Banner on the acquisition of the NFL franchise
- Events: Quincy Jones “We Are the Future” global concert from Rome; Reebok Human Rights Award with REM’s Michael Stipe, Peter Gabriel, others; Atlantic Records’ 40th Anniversary concert telecast; Miss America Organization 75th Anniversary; U.S. media relations for Marie-Chantal Miller’s wedding to Prince Pavlos of Greece; Media-trained HSH Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie of Monaco for inaugural Princess Grace Foundation; Media-trained HRH Prince Michael of Kent PR; Israel Philharmonic’s 50th Anniversary; World’s Smallest Teen’s NYC visit for Ripley’s Entertainment
- Films: “The China Syndrome,” “Absence of Malice,” “The Seduction of Joe Tynan,” “Ft. Apache: The Bronx,” “The Four Seasons,” and others
- Music: Singer Diana Ross’s 1st U.S. concert tour; Maestro Lorin Maazel’s 70th birthday world tour
- Theatre: Broadway opening of David Merrick’s “42nd Street”
- Television: CSTV, Cablevision, PBS Presents “Musical Comedy Tonight” with Sylvia Fine (Mrs. Danny) Kaye, Miss America Organization 75th anniversary ABC telecast
- Personalities: Actors Alan Alda, Michael Douglas, Shirley MacLaine
- WindStar Sail Cruises – Launched the WindStar and WindSong luxury sail cruise ships
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line – Launched Majesty and Monarch of the Seas
- Mexico Tourism – Developed and executed media campaign to communicate real effects of an earthquake
- Hong Kong Tourism Board – Helped establish and promote International Dragon Board Festival
- Washington Convention & Tourism Corp – Supported efforts to encourage tourism to D.C. post-9/11
- Loews Hotels – Publicized various events at NYC’s The Regency; Worked with Princess Grace Foundation