Media Industry Clients
- The New York Times Co.
- New York Times Digital
- International Herald Tribune
- Courier Newsroom
- College Sports Television (CSTV)
- Online Publishers Association (OPA)
- Newspaper Association of America (NAA)
- The Associated Press
- Dow Jones & Co.
- New York Daily News
- Metro New York
- Woman’s Day magazine (formerly Hachette Filipacchi)
- Details magazine (Condé Nast)
- Ziff-Davis Publishing
- IDG Publishing
- Cablevision Systems
- HSN, Inc.
The New York Times
- The events marking the 100th anniversary of the Ochs-Sulzberger family ownership of the new organization
- The colorization of The New York Times newspaper and opening of the College Point printing plant
- Advising on how to use social media to drive incremental traffic to NYTimes.com
- Speaking ops for Times reporters/editors including then tech editor Damon Darlin and the SF bureau, David Pogue, Andrew Ross Sorkin, Brian Stelter, Saul Hansell, and Tara Parker-Pope
- The launch of TimesSelect, an experiment in premium content delivery
- Support for various NYTimes.com editorial, e.g. Fashion Week, the Frugal Traveler Matt Gross, “On Par” with Bill Pennington, and Lynn Hirschberg’s T Style video vignettes.
- Worked with Vivian Schiller and her team to drive eyeballs to NYTimes.com.
- The launch of New York Today
- The elimination of the fee for international access to NYTimes.com
- The launch of the New York Times Scholarship Program
- Promotion of NYTimes.com’s ad-targeting capability enabled through site registration
- The installation of Michael Golden as the publisher of the IHT a year after NYTCO’s purchase
Other Media Industry Cases
- The New York Daily News – Served as public relations strategist and crisis counselor to Mortimer B. Zuckerman prior to, during, and following his acquisition of the New York tabloid.
- Newspaper Association of America – Conceived and promoted “Competitive Media Index” to gain audience parity with other forms of media, as traditional circulation diminished.
- The Associated Press – Mounted year-long campaign marking The AP’s 150th anniversary; Aligned the news org with the World War II Memorial to produce and tour an exhibition of iconic AP photos from the second World War.
- CSTV – Led communications the program to launch the first all-college sports cable network.
- PaperG Inc., an ad-tech startup in local display dynamic content creation
- Xandr, AT&T-formed advertising technology company.
- IndieGoGo, first and largest global crowdfunding platform
- bMobilized, web-to-mobile conversion technology
- Courier Newsroom, a new model for local journalism
- CloudMagic, mobile email client (iOS and Android app)
- Syncapse (Clickable), data-driven social marketing software
- Fracture, digital image-on-glass “maker” company
- Globality, Softbank-funded global vendor procurement platform
- Umami TV, second screen auto-synchronous iPad app
- Nellymoser, mobile, interactive print media enabler
- AmieStreet, indy (DRM-free) music e-commerce site (sold to Amazon)
- MealPal (formerly MealClass) – City-based restaurant subscription lunch platform
- Unigo, the largest online resource for student-generated content on colleges and universities
- National World War II Memorial – Led the eight-year, award-winning PR campaign for the architect/site selection, construction, and dedication of the memorial. (Pictured at right on Dedication Day in 2004.)
- U.S. Commission on Presidential Debates – Served as senior communications strategist to the non-partisan commission that organized and hosted the 2000 U.S. Presidential Debates
- U.S. Treasury Dept. – Served as the senior media strategist for the respective introductions over three years of the newly-redesigned U.S. currency including the $100, $50, and $20 bills
- Washington Convention & Tourism Corp. – Conceived and proposed the summer-long citywide Washington DC cultural celebration honoring the greatest generation wherein virtually every cultural and educational institution in our nation’s capital mounted a World War II-themed event.
- AIG Private Client Group – Developed message set, media-trained division president, and organized top-tier media interviews during the 2008 financial crisis.
- “The September 11th Fund” United Way of NYC – Provide crisis counsel, communications training, and program execution for this, the second largest charity created in the aftermath of September 11th.
- PGA of America – Helped the PGA navigate the onslaught of critical news media for the PGA Championship held at a restricted Alabama country club (Shoal Creek CC).
- Dale Earnhardt Inc. – Represented Teresa Earnhardt in PR battle to protect her family’s privacy in wake of her husband’s death at the Daytona 500.
- Hong Kong Tourism Board – Worked with HKTB to re-instill traveler confidence during and in the aftermath of the SARS epidemic.
- DecisionQuest – Worked with the jury consultant advising the L.A. District Attorney’s Office during the criminal prosecution of O.J. Simpson.
- PGA Golfer – Worked with the legal team of a well-known professional golfer to expunge a potentially damaging cover story in Golf Digest magazine.
- Nissan Motor Co. – Organized and advised CEO Carlos Ghosn for U.S. television appearances
- Starbucks – Helped secure by-lined story in The New York Times tied to the company’s annual earnings
- Eastman Kodak Company – Managed the global media strategy and campaign for the launch of the Advanced Photo System (APS).
- Citibank – Handled news conference and interviewed on-camera (for satellite distribution) Sir Elton John’s as part of his agreement to appear in company ads
- Mattel – Counseled then-new CEO Bob Eckert in his first year on the job
- HotJobs.com – Served as agency-of-record, including IPO and three Super Bowl ad campaigns.
- Washington Mutual – Announced end of ATM surcharge; Opening of mortgage center in Harlem
- Intel Corp. – Organized national consumer magazine interviews for CEO Andy Grove (CondÃ© Nast, Hearst)
- Mazda Motor (MMC) Corp – Opened first Detroit-area auto manufacturing facility for Japanese automaker
- Morgan Stanley – Orchestrated news conference for then co-CEOs John Mack and Phil Purcell to intro i-Direct
- Pepsi-Cola Co. – CEO Roger Enrico’s book “The Other Guy Blinked”
- Pepsi-Cola USA – Launched Pepsi sponsorship of Michael Jackson, others; Super Bowl ad campaigns
- P&G – Spic n Span’s 60th anniversary diamond promotion; Coast-to-Coast Shower Sing-off
- Mesa Petroleum – Advised T. Boone Pickens in his attempt to acquire Gulf Oil, putting the famed TX oilman on the media map.
- BP – Helped BP and its CEO Sir John Browne communicate its break with the industry on the issue of global climate change
- Shell Oil – Media-trained the CEO and president of Shell Refining to announce a new environmentally enhanced fuel
- Unilever – Wrote two keynote speeches for the North American CEO on the company’s Internet strategy for the CPG
- Kraft – Helped conceive media strategy for the company to announce labeling and limits on kids’ advertising
- ConAgra – Launched Healthy Choice product line
- Beecham Laboratories – Led U.S. media relations team to introduce antibiotic Augmentin
- Schering-Plough – Led PR strategy for taking Gyna-lotrimin from Rx to OTC
- Equal brand – Media relations for Equal brand’s lawsuit against Splenda
- World Business Forum – Led all public relations activities for premier gathering in NYC of business, government, and academic leaders.
- Morgan Stanley – Orchestrated news conference for co-CEOs John Mack and Phil Purcell to announce their first consumer-facing digital platform.
- CEOs of public companies – Carlos Ghosn (Nissan), T. Boone Pickens (Mesa), Roger Enrico (Pepsi), Bob Eckert (Mattel), John Mack (Morgan Stanley), Andy Grove (Intel), Jeff Kindler (Pfizer), Charles Williamson (AIG), the Nordstrom brothers, others.
- Coca-Cola – Supported company’s Olympics marketing campaign, e.g., Torch Run, Pin Trading
- NHL – PR for league and All-Star game in New York City
- Super Bowl Halftime Show – Promoted Up with People performance
- Reebok – Olympics sponsorship; Shaquille O’Neal as spokesperson, The Pump, etc.
- Assn. of Tennis Professionals – Media-trained world’s top tennis pros including Pete Sampras.
- Marlboro Grand Prix Racing – Supported Indy Car circuit with PR for drivers, owners, etc.
- NBC Olympics – Fundraiser featuring comedian Jerry Seinfeld aboard cruise ship Monarch of the Seas
- America’s Cup – Represented America’s Cup skipper Dennis Conner in his defense of the coveted trophy (for Pepsi).
- PGA of America – National Golf Day; various initiatives
- Golden Bear International – Worked with Jack Nicklaus during the privatization of his company
- Philadelphia Eagles – Advised Jeff Lurie’s operations man Joe Banner on the acquisition of the NFL franchise
- Quincy Jones “We Are the Future” global concert from Rome;
- Reebok Human Rights Award with REM’s Michael Stipe, Peter Gabriel, others;
- Atlantic Records’ 40th Anniversary concert telecast
- Miss America Organization 75th Anniversary;
- Marie-Chantal Miller’s wedding to Prince Pavlos of Greece;
- Dedication of the World War II Memorial on the National Mall in DC;
- Media-trained HSH Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie of Monaco for inaugural Princess Grace Foundation;
- Media-trained and organized national interviews for HRH Prince Michael of Kent;
- Israel Philharmonic’s 50th Anniversary;
- World’s Smallest Teen’s NYC visit for Ripley’s
- Films: “The China Syndrome,” “Absence of Malice,” “The Seduction of Joe Tynan,” “Ft. Apache: The Bronx,” “The Four Seasons,” and others
- Music: Singer Diana Ross’s 1st U.S. concert tour; Maestro Lorin Maazel’s 70th birthday world tour
- Theatre: Broadway opening of David Merrick’s “42nd Street”
- Television: CSTV, Cablevision, PBS Presents “Musical Comedy Tonight” with Sylvia Fine (Mrs. Danny) Kaye, Miss America Organization 75th anniversary ABC telecast
- Personalities: Actors Alan Alda, Michael Douglas, Shirley MacLaine
- WindStar Sail Cruises – Launched the WindStar and WindSong luxury sail cruise ships
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line – Launched Majesty and Monarch of the Seas
- Mexico Tourism – Developed and executed media campaign to communicate real effects of an earthquake
- Hong Kong Tourism Board – Helped establish and promote International Dragon Board Festival
- Washington Convention & Tourism Corp – Supported efforts to encourage tourism to D.C. post-9/11
- Loews Hotels – Publicized various events at NYC’s The Regency; Worked with Princess Grace Foundation