- NWS-DJ: DJ Board Approves Sweeter Severance; 160 Senior Managers Now Covered
- TW’s Parsons: Successful Digital Transition Would Make Time Inc. ‘Growth Business For A Long Time’
- @ FOOA: Cost Per Action Ads Help Marketers Win Consumers’ Hearts, Minds And Wallets
- @ FOOA: How Not To Waste Billions Of Advertising Dollars
- Industry Moves: Revver Shuffles Execs; Star Moved to Chairman, Wells Upped To CEO
- Industry Moves: CBS Adds Two To Audience Network
These are some of today’s headlines in Paid Content’s electronic newsletter. When the online publication got started by Rafat Ali some five years ago, he didn’t expect it to attain the devotion and authority it commands today. Just drill down on the website and you’ll get a sense of just how firmly Rafat, Staci Kramer, David Kaplan, etc. have their fingers on the fortunes, foibles and forging of the old media and the new.
I had a chance to chat with Rafat last evening at the Paid Content NYC mixer where some 550 established and aspiring digerati convened in the New York Hilton’s Grand Ballroom to bask in the glow of this definitive digital chronicler. In addition to mentioning Paid Content’s next confab — on the topic of “business media” (in NYC this October) — here’s what he had to say (TRT: 3:42). Also, see my buddy Andy’s video take with Rafat here.
Talking about media, this blogger will be in Washington DC on Monday and Tuesday at Bulldog Reporter’s annual Media Relations Conference where he’ll serve as moderator for the eight journalist panels. I think Paull Young is organizing a blogger meet-up Monday night, but if you’re at the event, please take a moment to say hello.